Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Lessons learned from Unit 3
The most important thing I have learned from this course in general and from Unit 3 in particular is that online learning can be interesting, stimulating and fun. I was afraid I would need to whip myself into studying, assimilating chunks of information alone behind my computer and conversing with faceless individuals half a world away. I still miss the immediacy of face-to-face discussions, and I am concerned about my tone in writing (Am I being too formal? Too abrupt? Convincing enough? I am being too vague?????). On the other hand, I am learning lots of stuff already with a minimal amount of drudgery (ideas on how to make reading a textbook fun anyone?), and there is absolutely no way in my present life that I would be able to study in a classroom. Elearning is still a foreign land, but the landscape is becoming more familiar - and there is still so much to explore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nice reflection!
I'm glad I found this blog. I am currently reading one of your favourite books, master and margarita and liking it! Did you enjoy it?
I often wonder and worry about my tone as well. I have thought about the need for courses on computer-mediated communication as a type of literacy! We all need to learn and think about how we write online and how others perceive us.
Patrick
Post a Comment