Saturday, September 27, 2008

Week 6

I just found the few comments left on my blog - it only took me over a month!

One of the comments came from Red Eyes. Who are you? Are you in this course? Apparently you love Russian literature and you are now reading the Master and Margarita. I have never had a problem answering the question, "if you were stranded on a desert island, and you could take just one book with you, what would it be?" Without hesitation, War and Peace. I have read this book four times, and it told me a different story each time. When I was a child, my grandmother would tell us (her 15 grandchildren) stories. These were stories she had written, and they either involved one of us as the main character, or the devil (these kept me awake at night, like Poe's).

There are so many blogs and bloggers out there; it feels more like a jungle than a village. Who is who and do we really have such interesting things to say? I'm not sure I do. I like reading what some of the other participants have written in their blogs, but I don't have the time to do more than just quickly scan the first few lines of each, maybe stopping here and there if something catches my eye. Am I going to read Red Eyes' posts on the Master and Margerita? I am curious, but it may be one of the thousands of crumbs I leave behind as I plod forward through this course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear blog friend, I have never been able to understand the passion some people have for blogging but your blog was one of the choices I fell on and settled to follow. I didn't know how you would look on it but, well, I considered it interesting and worth reading considering my background which includes a mix of technology and other interesting stuff.

On the master and margarita, I am yet to complete it though there are some things in this book which are difficult for our feeble human thinking to grasp. Yet, I think its an admirable book and reading it inflames my imagination. I think it's good to spend time reading something intelligible, which will turn out fruitful in the mind.

Anonymous said...

Hope to see you again on red eyes, have your read any of rusdies books?